Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Pet stores in the area?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pet stores in the area?

    His name is Johnny Stewert in Ft. Blackmore. I will check tomorrow if I go by his house and see if he has any smaller breeds. I think he has Shitzu's on his sign, but I am not sure.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #12
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pet stores in the area?

    [ QUOTE ]
    I have to add my 2 cents:

    Don't buy dogs & cats from petstores.

    I know there will be people come on and say "I spent $200 on fluffy down at the local petstore and she's great" ..blah blah blah but the sad truth is, these are puppy mill & backyard breeder dogs.

    Buying from them only perpetuates the puppy mill business.
    They live in horrible conditions. Have puppies constantly, no human interaction, poor living conditions. The owners dont breed for healthy puppies. They breed for quantity & profit.

    Most just think "I'll stick these two dogs together and sell the pups for $400. I'll be rich" They dont research health & pedigree. They dont care that their dog is far from reaching ideal breed standard.

    2 of the dogs my sister has are rescues from a backyard breeder who thought she'd breed 2 pretty dachshunds & sell the pups. The moron knew nothing. She bred 2 dapple dachshunds together and got 2 dead pups and one deaf/blind pup and one pup with only one good eye. I tried to tell this woman what she did and how things went as wrong as they did, but it was in one ear and out the other. She'll probably do it again.

    These folks don't care. It's pure ignorance.

    And btw.. "Having papers" means nothing. You can register any dog with AKC. All you have to do is lie about who the parents are. It means nothing in terms of quality & verification of dog health/breed.

    Try a rescue group:
    www.petfinder.com


    [/ QUOTE ]

    Petsmart in Kingsport only offers rescued animals.

    They usually have dogs two or three evenings a week. They keep the cats there all the time, but only bring the dogs in when they've got enough volunteers.

    Def. some of the weirdest people I've ever seen.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pet stores in the area?

    [ QUOTE ]
    Looking for a small house dog. A Shitzu or a Yorky or a Chihuhua. Something like that.


    [/ QUOTE ]
    you should look for a Poodle or a Poodle Mix. Little to no shedding and they rank in the top 5 dogs for intelligence
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pet stores in the area?

    Boston Terriers aren't too big I don't think, cute little boogers.
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pet stores in the area?

    That's what I've got. He's the man.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pet stores in the area?

    petfinder--the In His Hands Group--had some papillions. I got one he is great. He is a mama's boy, he is missing his playmate though, he played with the kitten that is missing (yesyes cheap plug for my missing cat but hey)They are not large animals, mine is a red and white....Gizmo and they are not that old.
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pet stores in the area?

    [ QUOTE ]
    Petsmart in Kingsport only offers rescued animals

    [/ QUOTE ]
    I was aware of that. Different rescue groups bring out their adoptables from time to time.

    I don't advocate the buying of animals from petstores that were likely bred in puppymills in the first place.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pet stores in the area?

    I had a boston terrier growing up, second best dog that i have ever owned, with my rottweilers being the favorite
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •